At Inter-Continental Jewelers, we have been working closely with our customers for over 40 years to help them find the jewelry they’ll treasure for a lifetime. We guarantee complete customer satisfaction, and part of that is knowing that you trust us to protect and keep secure any personally identifiable information you share with us because we value and respect your privacy.
Types of Information We Collect
Most often, you can browse our website anonymously. However, at times, you may decide to provide your personal information to us through email, over the phone, through our website, or in person, and we may store this information.
Personal information is any information that may be used to identify an individual. This information may include the following contact information:
1) first name;
2) last name;
3) billing address;
4) physical address;
5) email address;
6) any information related to all the above
Additionally, we may collect information about the following:
1) your purchases;
2) billing address;
3) shipping address;
7) marital status;
10) phone number;
11) other contact information; and
12) credit card information.
Why We Collect Your Internet Provider (IP) Address
We collect your IP address when you visit our website for several reasons, including the following:
1) to diagnose server problems;
2) to administer and optimize website operation;
3) to track the date and length of each website visit;
4) to collect demographic data for total use;
5) to track traffic patterns; and,
6) to analyze trends;
Sometimes, we may use your IP address together with your personal information for additional reasons, such as the following:
1) To prevent fraud and abuse;
2) To understand your interests and patterns;
3) To optimize our website, customer service, products, and promotions; and,
4) To customize your shopping experience
Why We Use Data Collection Devices
Cookies are small pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies collect information about your activities on our website. Web beacons are small code strings located on a web page or within an email and are used to transfer information.
Examples of information these devices collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Pages viewed;
2) Unique visitors;
3) How much time you spend on our website and certain web pages; and
4) Total visitors to the website
Reasons we use these devices include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) To customize your shopping experience;
2) To estimate our audience size;
3) To gauge and improve the effectiveness of our marketing programs;
To track visits from our partners; and
4) To learn how customers use our websites
Additionally, we may allow third parties to use monitoring technologies such as cookies and web beacons to gather information about the website’s use or interactions with advertisements that appear on the website.
You always may decline cookies if your browser permits, but by doing this, certain features on the website may not be available to you.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
Protection of your personally identifiable information is an important part of our job. We are dedicated to safeguarding your information and use a combination of procedures, organizational measures, and physical and electronic security technologies to help protect your information from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect sensitive personal information when we transfer it over the Internet. We take the measures described above to protect your information once we receive it, but transmitting data over the Internet or any other public network does not carry a guarantee of being 100% secure. Therefore, we are not able to guarantee or warrant the security of any information you provide us.
Third Party Links
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you in several ways, including, but not limited to, the following:
1) to make your customer experience better;
2) to confirm and track your order;
3) to respond to your correspondence with us;
4) to prevent fraud or abuse;
5) to check your personal information for inaccuracies;
6) to identify your product and service preferences;
7) to gain awareness of our customer demographics;
8) to improve our website and overall customer experience; and
9) to contact you regarding our services that might interest you.
We may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you, such as your name. These records would be for internal use, such as for analyzing usage patterns to optimize our services. We reserve the right to use and disclose any information in anonymous records at our discretion.
Refer a Friend
You may refer a friend to our website using our form. So that your friend knows that you asked us to send him or her an email, we request the names and email addresses of you and your friend. We will use the information we collect about you and your friend in the ways described in this policy.
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We will delete that data from our systems if we discover that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13. For more information about protecting children online, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) website at www.ftc.gov.
Use of Website and Your Consent for Transfer of Information
Providing your personal information to us means that you give us permission to collect, use, and disclose your information in the ways described in this policy. Your use of this website means you consent to a potential transfer of your information within the USA or any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. We abide by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s safe harbor framework that governs the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. Please be aware that personal information may be made available without your knowledge to the United States government or its agencies, or of those governments in any other country where we or our service providers lawfully store or process personal information.
When We May Share Your Personal Information
1) For Support to Service Providers Our trusted third-party service providers perform certain services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Payment processing
- Data storage/marketing
- Web hosting
These service providers only get personal information if they need that information to perform their roles. They are not authorized to use any personal information for any reasons other than the reasons that we state.
2) For Special Events Sometimes, we hold special events like promotions or contests. If you participate in these events, we may share your personal information with organizations involved in the specific event. These third-party organizations do not use your information for any other purpose other than event management unless we tell you otherwise. We also may permit trusted partners to send you information about products and services that may interest you.
3) For Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection We may use and disclose any information, including personal information, that we consider necessary in our sole discretion in the following situations:
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of our personnel or as otherwise required by the law;
- To help other companies and organizations with risk reduction and credit fraud protections; and,
- To enforce any agreement we have with you
4) Business Transfers Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition. In the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, or receivership, your personal information would be transferred as one of the company’s business assets.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
We are happy to provide you access to modify, to the extent allowed by law, any personal information we have collected about you. To access, correct, or delete your personal information, please email us, contact us by phone, or visit us in person.
Submitting Your Feedback
Your comments, feedback, testimonials, and photos help us improve our website, our products, and our services to you, our valued customer. You assign your rights in the submissions to us when you make such submissions.
Choosing to Opt-Out
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in any promotional email, or you may send us a postal request to Inter-Continental Jewelers, 6222 Richmond Avenue #570, Houston, TX 77057. To opt out of telephone promotions, please tell us a good time to call you, or you may send a postal request. To opt out of postal mail promotions, please send us a postal request.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
California residents may submit a written request once a year to receive a copy of our notice that describes the categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing. The notice also includes the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year. Please allow us up to 30 days to process your request.
Please write to the following address:
Attn: California Privacy
6222 Richmond Ave. #570
Houston, TX, 77057